Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Enter

A new year. Every year as I get older it comes faster, is a little harder to believe,and sound a little stranger. 2010? Twenty ten. I guess it will be even stranger to say twenty eleven. Oh well.
I've been spending my time over the past several weeks entering into what has been a dream of mine for years, to open a shop online to share some of my projects with everyone hoping that they will enjoy them. I can't remember a time I haven't loved making things. I learned to sew and crotchet as a child, loved to draw and paint and collect rocks and watch bugs and birds and grow plants, and I haven't outgrown any of it. My husband and sons have a running joke about my "rocks and sticks". Why else would God make me love them so much if he didn't want me to bring them home with me? And if I love them so much, isn't it logical for me to want to share? Although I will admit logic isn't always my forte.
After a while I started to try different ways to bring all those things together, so that maybe other people could see the beauty in them the same way I do.
I do some beading, polymer clay, glass fusing, and am trying to learn (off and on) lampwork. I think digital cameras where invented just for me, because I have loved taking pictures since I was a kid , too. Now I can take as many of one thing as I want and pick out the good ones to keep. Of course, the collector in me doesn't want to delete the bad ones.
I want this blog to be something others will enjoy, also, and would love to hear what you think. I will make a real effort to stay up-to-date.

No comments:

Post a Comment