Friday, January 29, 2010

collecting

I had a great day yesterday, I helped my husband cut wood (he cuts and I load) which meant I got to get out in the woods. The weather has been so nasty it's been a while since I've been out. The weather was cold but still, in the woods anyway, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
He cuts deadfall, and a lot of it has been dead long enough that the bark is peeling off, which means GOODIES!!! Which in my case means beautiful pieces of lichen and bark to bring home. I brought home a few pieces, but there are a lot waiting for me when I go back.
 
 We're supposed to be getting 10 to 13 inches of snow tonight, so it may be  a few days until I can go back.1

I finally got up the nerve to cut into my big gourd

I have an idea of how I want to proceed but of course it will change several times.I Never end up the way I started. This is actually the back. Cutting was  was the hardest part, now I'm cookin'.
I'm working on opening a second shop on Etsy, I hope to get it started tomorrow. I want to use it for photos and other things that don't fit into the theme of Beantree Designs. I'll post it here when I get it going. 
Blessings.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment