Saturday, January 15, 2011

Absent




Been almost 2 months since my last post. I've thought about how I enjoyed blogging, and how to get myself back to it.
So what did I come up with?
Not much, beyond the idea that I'd like to keep doing it. I started with the intention of promoting my Etsy shop, but I find that I want to do something else.
I don't fit well with twitter,  it's too fast for me.
Ditto facebook, I like it more than twitter but it still seems to move faster than I want to.
I need to think about what I want to say, not the first thing that comes into my mind when I read a post. Sometimes my first thought is the best thing, and sometimes it isn't. Occasionally it would get me into some really deep hot water, with little hope of extracting myself.
Great example. It just took me a good ten minutes to find a scripture that came to mind during that last sentence;
      "He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from troubles."
                                                                                           Proverbs 21:23
My challenge for the last several months has been to tame my tongue, learning that what I want to say is not necessarily the best thing to say. Sometimes saying nothing is the best thing.
But I feel the need to say something, even if no one else wants to hear it.  
And I really like the blogging, and I think I want to keep it up.With the blog  I can take the time to tame my thoughts, my words, and at times add from another place to make my ideas and feelings clearer.
So.....
        welcome to my world,
                                           again.

2 comments:

  1. "He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from troubles."
    Proverbs 21:23

    I wish more people would read and observe this proverb! It would be a much better world. Congrats on learning to tame the tongue, that can be very hard to do!
    Anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anastasia it has to be one of the hardest things I've come across, and thank you for recognizing that! I wish more people could know this too!

    ReplyDelete